Monday, November 5, 2012

To NaNo or not to NaNo...

NaNoWriMo is upon us. For the handful of you who may not know what NaNo is, it's National Novel Writing Month, where writers all over the world with a shared level of insanity, pledge to write 50,000 words of a new WIP in thirty days. Like I said, insane!  I've taken part (or rather, my alter self romance writer did) five years running...only managed to reach the goal twice. It's exhausting, but when you succeed, exhilarating. And of those two finished pieces, I went on to get them both published...so, yay me.

This year, I decided I couldn't do the whole commitment thing...too much real life stuff to deal with at the moment. But I do have (or rather my alter self has) a half finished book that has been languishing for a couple of years. I'd like to finish it. So I thought NaNo would maybe give me the kick to get it done. I decided to enter 'informally'. In other words, I didn't sign up, I don't participate in the forums and I won't have a chance at the nice certificate at the end. What I'm doing is writing like mad on the days I can, and posting my progress via Twitter. So far, five days in, I've written almost 5000 words. Not earth-shaking, but 5000 more than I had Nov. 1st.  So, wish me luck, kids. I'm going to need it.

In other news, I have been offered a contract for the first story for my next Hottest Heat collection for Cambridge Press. It's entitled Aural Sex, and explores the naughty fun of phone sex. Oh, the memories...but I digress. I have the second story partially written, and an idea for the third story. 

Also, Phaze Books has accepted my novella, An Appetite for Seduction. And here I have some great news that makes me giddy when I think of it. I've been told that it will be coming out in print as well as ebook. The print version will also include my currently available short stories, making it a collection of my work to date. This is huge!! I'm so thrilled.

On a side note, I hope that the east coast is recovering from the onslaught of Sandy. My thoughts and prayers have been with you. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment