Friday, April 20, 2012

Everybody's twitterpated in the spring...

Last post, I wrote about finally meeting Joe. Well, my blogger friends, it's been great so far. He's sweet and funny, charming and sexy, respectful but with just the right amount of naughty...sigh. I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge and ignore the age difference. I sense that my life is about to become a tad more interesting.

And that brings me to today's post. What is it that makes the men in our lives the heroes of our own romance novels? For some it might be great abs and a killer smile. For other's it might be the teddy bear cuddliness of their fella. Perhaps tall, dark and brooding is your perference. Or short, balding and submissive. It doesn't much matter, if that man is the one that makes your motor hum and your girlie parts get all tingly.

In looking over the smut I've produced so far, I'm seeing a pattern in my fictional heroes. They're generally tall, well built, ruggedly manly (strong jaws, muscled arms and shoulders....think, Marlboro Man), alpha in their work lives, but gentle and sweet with their ladies, generously endowed and wickedly talented in the sack. I compare these paragons with the men I've dated and, not once, have I ever dated anyone remotely like these guys.

Instead, I find it's the inner qualities that attract me to a guy. Intelligence ranks high. I'm turned on by smart men.  And funny. A sense of humour is a must. Men who pursue me (but not in a crazy stalkery way)  Thoughtfulness is a must. Oh, and looking at me as if I'm the exotic dessert from a gourmet feast.

I'd be interested to hear what you think makes for the ideal hero in your life. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who actually found your Mr.Right. Tell us about it.

Till next week, then...

No comments:

Post a Comment