Saturday, May 26, 2012

more thoughts from the closet

Well, the sky did not fall, and my 'real identity' remains safe. LOL. Why did I worry so much? 'Cause that's who I am. I worry. I worry about everything, it seems. I even worry about worrying so much. I guess I have issues. Maybe I need some therapy.

But then again, perhaps it's this very angsty-ness of my nature that allows me to empathize with my characters so well. I get where they're coming from. All of them struggle with their insecurities on their way to finding love and lust with the right partner. All of them make mistakes and need forgiveness. All of them need a shoulder to cry on, and I offer mine. Sometimes I can work through my own life experiences by writing them through the eyes of one of my characters. It helps. I often find unexpected answers. Sometimes I can write a character who acts and reacts in a far more mature and confident manner than I ever could in real life. And I'm proud to find out I have that in me, somewhere.  There's a great satisfaction to being able to give a character the HEA ending she or he has earned through their struggles in a story. It makes me feel good. And it's cheaper than professional therapy.

So the Masked Smutwriter carries on, secure in the knowledge that she is providing a necessary service to her characters and for her readers: providing romantic smut that warms the heart and tingles the libido.

My latest story, Cheek to Cheek, has been released at Phaze. I hope you'll check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment