Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Now for something completely different...

Well, we're halfway through National Novel Writing Month. I've been chipping away at my romance novel. I admit, it's been hit or miss (more miss than hit, I'm afraid). I have added 7500 words, which isn't too shabby, but not near what I'd set out to accomplish. Life, as they say, happens. I'll keep plugging away.

On a happier note, the 27th of this month, my short story Obsession is being released through Phaze Books. This has been a long time coming.

This story is a departure from my usual contemporary romances. I actually wrote it several years ago, and had it sitting under contract with Mundania for a single story downloads project they'd considered at the time. Their direction changed and my story languished.

Jump forward to a couple of months ago. In discussion with my editor, it was decided that with a revision, Obsession would fit nicely at Phaze. It had the interracial romance angle, after all, which my readers at Phaze expect now.  So we made the decision to move it over to Phaze.

And now it's all ready to be released. Here's a little blurb:

It is New Orleans, 1850, and Blanche Paradis, a free woman of color has carved out a good life, including a job she enjoys, and a man she loves, gambler Bart Donovan. One small blemish mars her happiness, the obsessive interest of a mysterious aristocrat, Lucien St.Clair. 

In a moment of weakness, Blanche falls into Lucien’s bed, sealing her fate and that of her lover. For Lucien is much more than he seems, and his lust for the beautiful Blanche knows no bounds.
I really love this story, probably because it's so different from my usual stories. I wrote it in first person. I set it in New Orleans, a city for which I have long held a huge fascination. It is my first paranormal story. And it deals with obsession, betrayal and revenge, all themes I like to explore in my work.

I hope you check it out:  www.phaze.com, Nov.27, 2012.
~Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment