Friday, October 19, 2012

judging the book by its cover

I just got the cover art for my inter-racial vampire short story, Obsession, and have got to say, I love it.
See what I mean?  Sexy, evocative, captures the mood of my story perfectly.

It is New Orleans, 1850, and Blanche Paradis, a free woman of color has carved out a good life, including a job she enjoys, and a man she loves, gambler Bart Donovan. One small blemish mars her happiness, the obsessive interest of a mysterious aristocrat, Lucien St.Clair. 

In a moment of weakness, Blanche falls into Lucien’s bed, sealing her fate and that of her lover. For Lucien is much more than he seems, and his lust for the beautiful Blanche knows no bounds.
                                     
As you know, if you're a regular reader of my books, I generally write contemporary erotic romance. So, Obsession is a real step outside of my usual fare. I had a blast writing it--first historical, first vampire tale. I wrote the first draft in one afternoon sitting out on the deck of my family's cabin on a perfect July day. Blanche just talked to me and told  her story. I merely recorded it.

I've taken a stab at writing a book length story with these characters, set in modern times, to see what happened after the events in Obsession, but I haven't been happy with the results so far. So, for now, it's a shelved project. But if response to Obsession is positive and there's a demand for more stories about Blanche, then of course, I'll put some thought into providing them.

I have a real affinity for revenge stories, a descriptor that really suits Obsession. Don't know if I want to know what that says about my character...lol.

I don't have a release date as yet, but suspect it might be November or December. I'll keep you posted in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment