Monday, October 15, 2012

too many projects, too little time

Here I am, late again. Sigh. It's starting to become a pattern. I do try to post every Friday...really I do...but then one thing or another pops along and throws me off schedule, and I end up having to apologize again. Oh well, I'm hoping my followers are a forgiving bunch and will cut me a break. I promise to keep writing hot, hot, HOT stories to entertain you. Does that help?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I finally finished 'the book that would not die', and got it submitted. Still haven't heard word on it yet, but will soon, I'm sure. Like any good writer, once I send a book baby out there, I forget about it and get on with the next project. For me, that's three new short stories for Cambridge Press US for my next Hottest Heat collection. I've finished and submitted the first story, and am waiting to hear back on whether it's being accepted or not. And I'm halfway through writing the second story. This one is extra fun for me, as it's a sequel to a story in Volume one, entitled Perfect Stranger. It just felt to me (and to my editor) that there was more of this story to be told. We were right, so if I do it well, it will be in Volume two.

I'm hoping to have these stories finished by November, because November means NaNo. For those of you who might not know, NaNo is National Novel Writing Month, where totally insane writers all over the world pledge to write 50,000 words in a month. Like I said...insane. Twice over the years, I've managed to complete the challenge, and both books got contracted (after much polishing...NaNo books are rough first drafts...notoriously bad at first blush). This year, I thought it might be nice if I used the month to finish one of my mainstream romance novels (remember...in my other life I'm a romance author) The book has  been languishing half done for about a year and a half now, so time to kick it's pretty little heinie and get it to the finish line.

And then, if I accomplish that, I start to gear up to 2013 and the bazillion projects I have planned for the year...including but not restricted to, a series of three interrelated interracial erotic romance novellas, another Hottest Heat volume of shorts, another romance novel...okay, I'm pooped already!

Yep...so many stories, so little time. And all for you, my dear readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment